Wednesday, January 19, 2011

This Kind

When I write an essay I attempt to do everything I can to persuade the audience, make them feel comfortable in reading what I am writing. I try to think, "would I want to read this?" If the answer ends up being no, I know I went wrong somewhere...somewhere. When I write, unless I feel the need to indulge in my personal life I don't. If my personal flaws are something that I can comfortably make fun of I will, using sarcasm. I try not to write essays and state dramatic opinions. I don't enjoy controversy, I would prefer to avoid it because there is always something else to write about. If I have an experience that is beneficial to my essay and not too personal I will likely include that experience into an essay, other than that, I don't feel the need to do so.
I won't lie, if someone does something noteworthy (stupid) I might talk/gossip about it later to my close friends, I would never include that in an essay...Learning from the past is important. Reflecting on the past is a must, everyone has a past and it shapes everyone's writing.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel talking about one's personal life. Some details can be difficult and sometimes too embarrassing to reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. I believe that including very personal details about ourselves and our experiences within our writing is among one of the most difficult tasks when writing an essay, and like you said it is important for the reader to feel comfortable, and I also believe that it is just as important for the writer to feel comfortable with their topic.

    ReplyDelete